Monday, May 11, 2009

Obama at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

Obama did an amazing job in his speech at the Correspondents Dinner. This is the same dinner that Colbert ripped Pres Bush 3 years ago.

He was funny and very sharp in his jokes. Highlights
Watch it at C-Span here.

"Now Sasha and Malia aren't here tonight because they're grounded.  You can't just take Air Force One on a joy ride to Manhattan.  I don't care whose kids you are.  We've been setting some ground rules here.  They're starting to get a little carried away. "

"Dick Cheney was supposed to be here but he is very busy working on his memoirs, tentatively titled, 'How to Shoot Friends and Interrogate People.'"

"Which brings me to another thing that's changed in this new, warmer, fuzzier White House, and that's my relationship with Hillary.  You know, we had been rivals during the campaign, but these days we could not be closer.  In fact, the second she got back from Mexico she pulled into a hug and gave me a big kiss.  Told me I'd better get down there myself.   Which I really appreciated.  I mean, it was -- it was nice."